Ramadan in Islamic History: Special events!
Timeline of Special Events
- Battle of Badr (2 Hijri)
- Conquest of Mecca (8 Hijri)
- Opening conquest of Rhodes (53 Hijri)
- Succesful landing of Muslims on the coast of Spain (91 Hijri)
- Muslim victory led by Tarik Ibn Ziyad against the King of Spain (92
- A victory by Muslims led by Salahuddin Al-Ayoobi against invading crusaders (584
- Muslim Victory versus French Army led by Louis the 9th who was taken
as a war prisoner in Mansura, Egypt (647 Hijri)
- Mamluk victory versus invading Tatars in the battle of Ain-Jaloot (650
Two main turning points in Islamic History were the Battle of Badr and the Conquest of Mecca. The Battle of Badr was named "Day of Criterion", Yawmul Furqaan, for
Allah (swt) set apart the distinction between truth and falsehood by aiding His
Messenger and the believers against all odds, and abandoning the
unbelievers. All this took place in the month of Ramadan, in the second
year of Hijrah."
During the eighth year of Hijrah,
the Muslims entered Mecca virtually without any resistance or bloodshed.